Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Day at PCC

I decided to take my "Keo" kids and one Sa'aga to PCC on Thursday just to get out of the house. I figured they would like to go somewhere and run around. So we were off. First off...I'm totally gonna have someone drop us off cause I'm never gonna pay $5 for parking. I still think its the dumbest thing. So just for that we totally snuck in to the villages. Ha! We sure shwed them!

We started off by riding on the canoe. The kids were so excited. But unfortunately that excitement wore off after the first 2 minutes. It's a good thing there were ducks swimming around just to pique their interest. But it wasn't so great when So'i and Malu, those monkeys, kept trying to jump in the water and chase the poor birds. The tourists that were with us were probably so grateful when the tour was over, cause I know I was. I already knew this was gonna be a long day. After we got off the canoe, we headed over to the Hawaiian vilage to see if Maria was working. She was, but she just wasn't there. So we just walked around a little, and that's when the boys discovered....STICKS!



They started swinging everywhere! At first I was like, "oh my gosh, they're gonna kill each other!" They refused to listen to my warnings, so I just let them go. It took about 5 minutes til one came running back to me crying. I was sure this would stop the chaos. Nope. After they were done with their time out, they were back at it. So I just ignored the crying, trying to pretend I didn't know these kids. I think they got the message then.



It started to get a little hot so we went and got some shave ice. HUGE mistake. Half of it ended up in the dirt with the plants. And by the time they got to the juice, they were sooooooo over it, and were ready to reak havoc on the rest of the center. So we headed over the Maori village cause I knew they would be excited to see Brookie. Great decision. She took the kids to get tattoos and do other activities while I just sat around and let her deal with them for a while. We stayed to watch her perform, and I knew by the looks of their faces that they were soooooo ready to go. Which I was grateful for. On our way out we grabbed a poni popo from the samoan village and headed home.

3 comments:

Line said...

LOL @ trying to pretend you didn't know the kids. Hahahaha. What a good auntie, taking them out. I wish Spencer had aunties like you close by (don't tell Jackie I said that-LOL).

I would just like to say on behalf of my dad that he told PCC that charging a parking fee was ridiculous. They didn't listen to him, obviously. I don't know why; he's the smartest guy over there. :)

alexis said...

we parked at mcdonald's when we went. so smart and thrifty. i'm just glad they didn't tow our car. i agree with you; the best thing to do when kids are embarrassing you is always to pretend that you don't know them. or yell really loudly: "EXCUSE ME! did someone lose a child?" That always works for me.

Greg Dowden said...

THe pictures were soooooo cute!!!!! I loved the blog but maybe because I can totally picture the whole thing in my mind. LOL!