Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Heat

So, it's official! Summer is here, and hotter than ever!!! The weather has been pretty hot and sticky the last couple of days. Its so bad that I even contemplate sleeping outside sometimes because the house literally feels like a sauna!

But I must say, Sundays seem to be the worst. Sundays always seem to be the BEST, I repeat, BEST beach days. Satan that little devil....always trying to tempt me. I tell you, one of these days he just might succeed. Hahaha...just kidding. But sad to say...I blame the heat for making me miss church. It was so dang hot yesterday that after I took a cold shower and got ready for church, I fell asleep and missed church! Who does that?! OMG....I tell ya. No motivation whatsoever.

So I pretty much spent the whole day at my sisters new house. My poor sister...I think this is like the 10th time she's moved. But I think this house just might work for them til they purchase a home of their own. It has more than enough room for her family of 8, and the occasional visitor, meaning me. Hahaha. Moving for them is a FAMILY effort. Our entire family will be there helping to haul boxes, furniture, and kids...lol. Then, when we get there, she needs help cleaning and organizing the new house. Here's some of our little helpers and some random stranger we found roaming the streets (hahaha...j/k mahea!)





Helping her move in just makes me excited for my big move. It's almost been a year since I moved back in with my parents, and I think it's just about that time that I leave that nest. So, I'll be moving out on my own on September 1st. I'm so excited. It's not too far from home considering I'll be going back to school, but I just can't wait to be out on my own in my own space again. But we'll save that for another blog.

5 comments:

harmony said...

hey ui! mahaloz for chekcin out my blog and da comment. glad 2 see u got one of your own! i love blogging - it's da best way to keep in touch with people - well, aside from actually keeping in contact with them. lol! i'm glad to know that ur sis & fam is in my mom's house. they worked hard on fixing it up. and i worked hard cleaning it! hahaha. anyway, hopefully we'll see y'all around too. tell mahea i miss & wuv her. adios!

Keo's said...

Can't wait to see the house...yours and one's. It would be easier for me to blog if I had a computer;). j/k

Ashleigh said...

hi ui! you found me! thanks for the comment & the congratulations...look forward to reading all about your life on here :) see you around!
ash

Line said...

You are the winner! Don't ever fall asleep when you're supposed to go to church! LOL

In The Doghouse said...

Hi Ui,
Such a cute Blog! I do love to Blog as Greg said... I will link to you from my own.

BTW your sister's house looks great!
AND...Don't missssss church girl! lol