Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight

Last night I was accompanied by my two friends "White and Rice" (Ben Chase and Granny Goo...lol), to watch the highly anticipated summer blockbuster Batman: The Dark Knight. I, like everyone else in the world, was dying to see the potential Oscar nominating performance of the late Heath Ledger. So, we called and order our tickets over the phone, and set off to the Ko'olau Consolidated Theaters to watch the midnight premier.

Now, everyone in Hawaii knows that you HAVE to eat either before, or after a movie. So, in a rush to get to the theaters, we hurried to the McDonalds to pick up a few sandwiches. Can I just say, that was SERIOUSLY, the LOOOOOOOOONGEST wait ever in my life. We were sitting ducks for a baffling HALF HOUR! All because someone tripped up the ordering thingy majingy-so they were taking the orders at the window. It was a good thing we left home a good two hours before the movie started,


By the time we got to the theater, they just let everyone get seated. We had another 45 minutes, so we weren't all that stressed, but it looked like we would be at the very end of the line, thus placing us at the very bottom of the theater. But alas, just as we were about to enter the theater, the lovely usher directed us to another theater that would be playing the movie. Happy Day for us. I guess that wait in line at McDonalds paid off.

So, here's MY review of the movie.

On a scale of 1-10 with high being the highest, I would probably give it an 8. Only because it was a little too long, and there were some parts that were drawn out. Christian Bale's "Batman" voice was irritating the crap out of me. I mean seriously...couldn't he do something else to disguise his voice better. And the girl they cast to play Rachel Dawes, I don't know her real name, but I think they could've done better. She was a huge disappointment.

But this guy right here was the saving grace for this movie. If it wasn't for him, I probably would have fallen asleep after the first half hour. Thank you Heath for making it well worth my $10. It amazed me how he was able to portray the idea of the Joker to the tee. His little one liners kept me laughing for days! Sadly I was stuck in a theater full of people with no sense of humor, because there were times where I found myself laughing all alone. I must admit, it was a little eerie watching him, knowing that he left this Earth earlier this year. His performance in this movie was definitely a defining moment. We've lost another talented soul. My heart goes out to his daughter and the rest of his family.

3 comments:

Line said...

I'm telling Granny about your "rice" comment. LOL That's amazing to me that you guys got to watch this movie on opening night. That movies was sold out all over Provo a few weeks ago. So I heard; not that I tried to get tickets. No movie theaters for us parents. I was disappointed, too, to find out that Katie Holmes wouldn't be in the movie. So junk. I'll still watch it eventually, but I'll be made the entire time that Katie wasn't in it. Hahaha

Greg Dowden said...

Ui! I totally know why we are friends! It's because we think the same thing. From the batman voice, to the death of ugly rachel dawes you are spot on!! LOL!!!!!

Unknown said...

My review of the movie on my blog is so not as good as yours. I enjoyed the movie and Christian Bale's voice did get irritating. My throat actually hurt listening to him talk. Heath was amazing and scared me! I know, what a wuss!

Glad you got awesome seats!! Talk to you later!