Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mesmerized


Thanks to all those Twilight fans who kept ranting and raving about those books, I've been hiding in my room/living room/garage/car trying to find some peace and quiet just so I could finish those books. Addicting doesn't even describe the effect this book has on you. Oh my gosh! Friday, I went to Borders and bought the first two, and I had already finished the first one by the next day. I didn't read too much on Sunday because...well....I thought I should read something a little more spiritual. But as soon as that clock hit 12:oo I was back in Forks, Washington! Of course I had to pick up the third one on Monday, and by Tuesday, the series was done. All I have to say is FREAKIN' A! I have my fourth copy on reserve at Border's, and I'm totally contemplating on going to the Midnight party they're having there to celebrate the release of the conclusion to this amazing series. Is that corny? Hahaha. Maybe I'll just go to a late movie and then pick up the book after.


So, thank you SAVANI for mentioning these books on your blog cause you totally got me hooked!

6 comments:

daveandsavani said...

okay so i have to be the first one to comment because i am sooooo happy you've joined the club. yeeeeaaahh!! people think we are a little crazy but they just dont understand. haha. im so excited for the fourth book- surprisingly i havent preordered it yet- but thanks for reminding me. i will do that today!

Unknown said...

I love those books too! I want to re-read them so I can remember what happened!!

Line said...

I'm more than half-way through the 2nd book and yes, I will grudgingly admit that these books have sucked me in, too---no pun intended, LOL.

I was just slow to "join the club" (not that I'm completely in the club or anything) because I'm a loyal Harry Potter fan, but I realize now that J.K. Rowling probably won't care that I also like Stephanie Meyer's work. Hahahahaha

P.S. I googled Forks, WA to see if it really does exist and it does! I don't know why I was surprised... She mentions other real cities in her book, like Phoenix.

NeenaLove said...

i've seen these books at every single book store. never heard of them -- so can i read your copy?

alexis said...

another one bites the dust. oh well, at least they are a fast read, otherwise all the women in the US would be calling in "sick" on August 2. I am reading Breaking Dawn as slowly as possible because I don't want it to be over yet. (sniff sniff)

Keo's said...

My poor husband felt neglected for three days. That's how long it took for me to read the three books. I felt like a crack head staying up until 6am to finish the 2nd book! All I have to say is...Oh..my..goodness!