Sunday, July 13, 2008

25


June 28th came and went. It's only now, two weeks later, that I'm able to fully reflect on the last 25 years of my life. I've met amazing people that have and continue to influence my life. For that I am forever grateful. Its exciting to see what this year will bring. I must admit, I wasn't too excited about celebrating this year. Usually, I'm all about my birthday, but this year, it just seems so overrated. So, it was pretty much a chill day.

It started at 1 a.m. at the Plantation Home while cruising with the Moleni's after Ken and Ari's wedding. That's when Crystal came out singing with the following cake.
I must say, it was pretty entertaining, considering we were all hangin' from the hecka long day. So if any of you need a cake decorator, I can get you in touch with Crystal herself. Hahahaha. She can even hook you up with your very own tea light birthday candle.

The rest of the day consisted of me cruising at my parents ward camp. I was lucky enough to have the day off. With two jobs, a day off is definitely one to be taken advantage of. I spent the day playing with these little monkeys for a little while. I tell you, being an aunt is probably one of the highlights of my life. These kids never cease to amaze me. They literally SAY and DO the darndest things.



The night capped off with a late dinner/dessert at good old Chili's with my best friend Maria, and 1/3 of the Moleni clan. Thanks again guys for a fun filled nite. I will definitely remember that "drama" filled nite. Hahaha.

I celebrated with my family the following day. You know you're getting old, when your family starts singing Happy Birthday to you when you're still eating dinner!!! Hahaha. Either that or they just really wanted to eat that cake!!! Chocolate Dobash baby!!! But that is sooooo my family for ya.

So with that, I must say thank you to everyone who has made this and all my other birthdays a memorable one. Memories that will last me another quarter of a century!


2 comments:

Line said...

Ui! I'm a bad friend. Happy belated birthday! :) You forgive me, though, yeah for all those other years I helped make your birthday special? LOL.

karebear said...

Happy birthday UI! I was away on a trip (no seriously!) or I would have said it earlier. lol. i'm so sad.

let me take you back...i can't remember how old you were but line had this great idea that we should sneak into your bedroom and decorate it before you got home...but i think you got home right as we were done and we got caught. am i getting this right? hahaha. too funny.

love ya! and i'm happy that you had a nice celebration in your honor!