Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I got a CRUSH on you!




Butterflies in your stomach. Smiling from ear to ear. Face turns red, you start to blush. Whether you like it or not folks, these symptoms only mean one thing...you've got a CRUSH!

Ahhhh....we've all experienced this at least once in our lives. How does one overcome this? Time. Lots and lots of time. I remember my very first crush, and for those who know me best know who I'm talking about. As I look back I can only do what I do best....LAUGH. Funny thing, my very best friend felt the same way. And THAT is why we're friends...we knew at such a young age that we shared the same interests. Not so much now considering I despise her husband...but that's another blog in and of itself.

Man, I would get so excited every Sunday because I knew this person, lets call him Bob, would be sitting in the pew to the right of my family. Ward camp was always the best cause we always hung out. We would stay up late talking story, playing cards, and sometimes even take the occasional late night dip in the water. Nothing came out of it but a friendship, but oh how I wished for more. I was such a kid! I look back at my old journals and just laugh at what I wrote about him.

Too funny. Now that it's like 20 years later (well, not that long...but it feels like ages) I can't help but giggle inside because we are totally different. For one...he's about eye level. Well, not really, but he's still really short. And he's smaller than me...and that sooooo doesn't work. He's married, and I'm single. Lol. But we're both happy with our lives. Don't you think it's funny how you change with time?

3 comments:

Line said...

Who is it? I wanna know!

NeenaLove said...

that is so funny that you guys were crushing on the same guy. i still remember who it was. how could i forget? LOL... **hint -- my first wedding reception.

Keo's said...

Do I know him?