Friday, October 31, 2008

Haunted Lagoon


This year PCC hosted its first annual Haunted Lagoon for Halloween. I'm not sure they anticipated how successful it was going to be considering the average wait in line was about 2 hours. But, if you ask me, it was well worth the wait. Just a few recommendations before you go:

1. Be enthusiastic about it, and go with people who feel the same. If you are a party pooper, save your money and don't go. You won't enjoy it.

2. Make sure there is at least ONE scaredy cat in your group. They just make the experience that much better, because if you don't get scared by the ride, you can laugh your butt off at how easily the "scaredy cat" freaks out.

3. Wear something that can dry quickly. YOU WILL GET WET NO MATTER WHERE YOU SIT!!! So, be sure to cover your mouth when you scream, cause there's nothing worse than getting that nasty lagoon water in your mouth. And trust...the after taste is soooo not the bizness!

Now, to share my experience. I would like to think that I got all three of the aforementioned tips down when I went. I went with Greg and Ane and Ane's cousins. Luckily, Ane got there before us, and saved us a place in line. Unfortunately, we still had about an hour and a half to go before we got on the canoe. But, the wait wasn't so bad cause we had good company. See how excited we were to be there!
Me, Greg and Ane...holding up our tix!!!
Greg, Ane, Heidi and Losa...all excited to get their scream on!

So...they said no camera's allowed on the boat, so these were the only pix I got. Not to mention I was too slow to pull it out when we got to the loading dock. So sorry.

DON'T READ ON if you plan on going on the ride.

We finally get to canoe, and me, Greg and Ane decide to brave and sit in the very front. So...first of all, can I just say that riding on a canoe in dark, murky water, at night, is just scary in itself. What's even scarier is that the only thing that separates you from the water is about 4 inches!!! So, as we enter the lagoon, they have this audio recording telling us the story about some lady in white, and blah blah blah. I didn't even hear the story, cause I could see the lady in white standing on a landing in the middle of the lagoon. As we're passing her, she just stares at us, and continues to stare as we head for the bridge. Just when I think we're safe, she starts walking towards us. But, she's stuck on an island which is about 15 ft. from us, so I think we're good. And then she starts walking on the freaking water!!!! Thank goodness I was on the far end of the canoe, otherwise I would've had a heart attack! Homegirl came right up to the canoe!!!

Then just as we leave, and I think we lose her, I turn towards the bridge ahead of us, and see the same girl walking towards us from the front!!!! Oh snap...me and Ane fly ourselves, along with Greg, who is sitting in the middle of us backwards, and we land on Ane's cousins sitting behind us. We found out later that because we fell backward, the people behind us fell, and the people behind them fell, and...yeah...you get the picture. Full on domino effect! So shame. The people in the back probably hated us..but oh well. Hahaha.

Anyways...back to the white lady...she just wouldn't stop. She came up to the canoe, and was jumping up on the damn boat! Me and Ane were freaking out while Greg laughed at us!!! Then...the girl disappeared under the boat, and came up on the side to scare the people in the back. All I gotta say is....GOOD actors!

Ok....scary part #2. This one takes the cake for realz! So, we're coming by the Maori village, and these kids are playing jump rope. They stop, walk towards the edge, and just stare and point at us while we row on past them. I think to myself..."ok...this isn't so bad. I can handle this." Then, as I look down, I notice the plants in the water start moving a little. And then all of a sudden, those freaking plants jump out at me!!! Talk about freak out of America...I screamed so loud! But not only did I scream, I was like jumping up and down in my seat, and pushing against Greg so hard, trying desperately to get away from those freakin' laua'e bushes!!!!!!! Those damn bushes would not quit! They kept coming after me...I swear I almost kicked one in the head.

Apparantly, after the ride, Greg and Ane said they were yelling at me to stop freaking out, cuz I guess I was pushing so hard against Greg, that I almost pushed Ane off the canoe!!! Hahahahaha. I felt so bad. they were saying that they were screaming at me, "STOP! STOP! UI STOP!!!" But i swear I didn't hear anything!!! I was so focused on those dang moving bushes!!!

By the end of the ride, I had a headache from laughing/screaming/the stinky fog/the smell from the dang chainsaw!!! BUT...I had so much fun!!!!! Memories to last a lifetime for sure! I'm glad PCC did something like this, cause our community needed that. They probably should charge more next year. I'm excited to see what they'll add next year. Whatever they do, I'm sure it will be just as good, if not, better!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW.. I WISH I WAS THERE.. SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD FUN.. ALWAYS TAKE CARE..
ALOHA

Lu said...

muahaha!!!!! if i see you around you can bet i will be attacking you with laua'e bushes! you know how you said to take a scardey cat with you when you go?...what are you doing tonight? lol ;)

Line said...

I heard about that. Man, Laie is stepping it up these days. I didn't even know they had haunted stuff at Gunstock and that Laie elem had a haunted house. Now PCC! Even my MOM and mother-in-law went to it! Hahaha. I'm glad they found a way to bring in a little mula in our ever-declining economy.

NeenaLove said...

totally cool! thanks for giving me the line by line cuz i won't be able to go. i was gonna go on wednesday but no one wanted to go with me. i wanted to go lastnight with musical truth but we had the ward party. tonight i'm already going to a party. **sigh**

alexis said...

I totally would have freaked out on there! you are brave. i got scared just reading about it.

Karessie said...

omg....i can't believe how awesome it was...and all because i went with a scaredy cat too. HAHAHA! i KNEW there were bushes in the water, so every time i saw a leaf i freaked out. HAHAHA.

I went on the ranch one too and the thing is, like movies...it's not that scary, cause you know...it's a movie, it ain't like they're gonna come grab you! but the canoe ride and the hayride??? the CROSS that barrier and fetching TOUCH you. That's the part I don't like. HAHAHAHAHA. Especially when they know who you are and you don't know who they are...man, talk about times of our lives, ay???

molly....molly.....BAHAHAHAHAA!

Ashleigh said...

haha aw i'm jealous that we didn't go. iasi refused to go anything haunted because he said he would punch somebody lol. did you go on the haunted hayride? one of my friends was an actor in it last year and i guess he got knocked out. lol. anyways, glad you had fun and so jealous that we didn't come :( lol.

Keo's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keo's said...

Okay the lady in white was on all fours full crawling on water towards us like the grudge! Scardey cat...that's me! Why was I sitting between the benches on the canoe instead of on them!?! I was full shoving my knee in the guy in front of me because it was SO SCARY! I loved it.

kava said...

LOL i was cracking up reading your entry! you so funny...YOU ARE the 'scaredy cat in your group' (ur number 2 tip) !!!! i would've loved to be in your canoe. i took my friends frm town and they were freaked out by the white lady..i think that was the best one. Joe thinks the white lady was actually a guy tho ?? haha.