Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Utah Saga Pt. 4

SUNDAY....

This was almost as busy as the day before. Full of conference talks, firesides, and frost bitten toes. Because I didn't get home til about 5 in the morning, I slept in and missed the first session of conference. I had actually planned on that...sad, I know. But I could hear bits and pieces here and there, thanks to my deaf aunty in the room next door, who had the t.v. on full blast. Hahaha.

So, I finally got out of bed at around 11:30, started getting ready for the day. I had planned to go and watch the second session at the Joseph Smith building with Tina. I figured I probably would stay up if I watched conference at a public place. So, after getting ready, I headed over to the Moleni's to meet up with Tina. She sooooo wasn't ready by the time I got there, so I just went ahead with Tito and Kumi. That was just as fun though.

We found some decent parking, so we thought we'd try to get in to the conference center in the standby line. As we walked towards the door, we asked one of the volunteers where the standby line was. She looked us up and down and asked, "where are you from?" I was like, "Oh...Hawaii." She smiled and was like, "oh...just go on in, there's room on the balcony. That was pretty cool. Now I know what to say if I don't have tickets. Lol. We sat at the VERY top of the balcony section. It was cool though, cause we sat in the "wheelchair" section, so we had a bunch of room.

Funny thing, I sat next to this woman who was in a wheel chair, and she started making small talk with me. You know...the usual, where you from? Is this your first time? Blah blah blah. I was nice about it, and answered all her questions. Then all of a sudden home girl straight GRABS my hair and was like, "I just wanted to touch your hair." I was thinking to myself, "uhhh...ok...please don't pull it. And usually people ASK before they touch you." It kinda freaked me out. She seemed nice though, but I definitely avoided eye contact. Lol.

We met up with Bubs and Mele after conference at temple square. Chilled for a little bit, but it was so dang windy, we didn't really want to stay to mingle. Besides, I was with a married couple...I don't think they would wanna kick it with the single folk. Even though they would be totally down, I wanted to go as well. So we headed back to the Moleni house for some grub.

Later that evening, Tina and I went to the YSA fireside at her stake center. We were hecka late, so we just stayed outside and ended up talking story with Moana, None, and Pono. I don't know how they could stand outside...cause it was FREEZING!!! Man...you know you've been on the island too long when you cannot handle 60 degree weather. Brrrrrrrr. The usual post-fireside tradition is to go to Club T and mingle with the singles, but this year was just too dang cold for me. I ended up going home with Phil and Ron, where we watched movies and played Boggle! Exciting huh?! Hahahahaha. But that's how I like it. Just chill and laid back. We played til about 6 in the morning. I kept beating Ron, and supposedly that was HIS game, so he kept wanting to have rematch after reamatch. It was all good though, cause with all the smack he was talking, it was nice beating him game after game.

So that was Sunday in a nutshell. Here's some pix from that day...just for your enjoyment.

1 comment:

kava said...

hello miss ui. i swear i jus saw u 'yesterday' and now you're in utah? wow that must be nice to just get up and go!! i laugh if i see you in vegas tomorrow haha. keep in touch..where ever u are :P love ya