Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Final Chapter....

Monday....

I know it's been like almost a month since I've been back from Utah, but I just need to finish with the last couple of days of my trip. After the whirl wind of a weekend, it was nice to finally sleep in and just relax. Some of my friends in Provo had planned a huge FHE at Line and Saia's house in Provo. All of my old friends from the early BYU Provo years got together to spend some time with yours truly. Well, I like to think so at least. Hahaha. Did I mention that almost all of my friends from that stage in my life are married and most have kids? And here I am with my single-never-gonna-get-married-cause-i-love-traveling-more self in the mix with them married folk! But it was awesome. Line....you're the best for hosting such an awesome event. Crystal and Kara came as well with their other halfs...so it was like the old and new getting together.

Unfortunately, due to the lack of sleep from the weekend, I had a major headache and wasn't able to enjoy everyone's company like I had anticipated. BUT....it was good seeing everyone. It has definitely been a while, and it's always good to get together with everyone and reminisce about the good old days. All the kids were looking at me like, "who the heck is this crazy lady?" Pretty funny. But yeah...here's some pix from that eventful nite. Sorry Line, I don't have any pix of you considering you deleted them ALL....RUDE!!!


Baby Tau...what a cutie!

Ms. V and her son Etano...gorgeous!

Spencer...look at those fabuLASHES!!!

tina and V

micah and karlee. why u gotta block karlee for micah? lol


granny and his roomie

me, tito and kara

Ok....so my bad. I just realized that I didn't even take that many pictures that nite. So fired. But everyone who was there, you know who you are, thanks again for coming, and making it a memorable evening. We'll have to do that again the next time I come up, and this time I'll be sure to have pix of everyone. Blame it on the headache. Lol.

TUESDAY.....
I had originally planned to leave this afternoon, unfortunately the flights were all booked. However, the morning flight to Honolulu from L.A. the next day was promising, so my cousin had arranged for me to leave on the last flight out to L.A. that night. This gave me more time to visit with people. So, I went back to Lehi to cruise with my cousins out there. I always feel bad cause I feel like it's a rushed visit. The day always seems to fly when you're pressed for time. I wonder why that is?

After saying our goodbyes, I headed over to IKEA to meet up with Ms. Crystal Lynn. She ended up calling in sick to work, so she was nice enough to meet me for lunch. It's crazy to know that our friendship started 8 years ago at S.O.A.R. at BYU Provo. After our lunch, I went home, and did the fastest packing of my life (5 minutes) and headed to the airport. The flight was wide open, so I got on.

Ana Bunz met me there with open arms. I was lucky enough to spend the night in L.A. with her and her brother. They live about a half hour away from the airport, so she was able to take me back the next day. I haven't seen her in about 5 months, so it was nice to catch up with her. I can't wait til she moves back to Hawaii. Here's some pix of us at our late nite dinner/early breakfast at IHOP.


i don't know what this is but i thought it was super pretty! lol.

me and bunz

us again...i luv this girl
we ended up getting back at her house around 12am, and had to leave for the airport in 5 hours. By the time we got caught up with each others lives, and the happenings, it was time to leave, and this is what happens when you get an hour of sleep.

Yup...we were hash burgers!!!! Sooooooo not the tee!

WEDNESDAY (kinda just mixed in with Tuesday nite...all a blur)....
Anyhoo...after I checked in my bags, I headed to the gate. That is where I saw half of Laie waiting for the same flight I was listed for. FREAKIN A!!! I knew I wasn't gonna make it. So, I hid away, and found an awesome corner to catch some Zzz's. This is where I camped for the next couple of hours.
waiting for the next flight
finding out that i would have to fly to lihue, kaua'i instead
taking some time to relax, and catch up on some much needed sleep.


The flight to Lihue was a full flight which fully sucked.

Big Girl + Full Flight + Small Plane = Suckiest flight ever!!!!!

Luckily, I had a window seat, so I didn't get hit every 5 minutes by the flight attendendants and their carts. I sat next to the smallest Mongolian girl, who found every way to possible to irritate the heezy out of me. Not only was she taking up ALL the room, the whore stole my drink! She's lucky I was flying standby otherwise I would've slapped her asian $%$ back to China!!!! So yeah...if you can't tell, I was a little irritated.

When we got to Lihue, I had about an hour before my flight left. Thank you Ana for letting me use your miles to get a ticket to O'ahu. You are a lifesaver...I owe you! After the 15 hours of waiting and flying, I was finally back in the hot and sticky!!! It was good to be home. But sad at the same time. This trip was A-Mazing!!! Thank you everyone for making it one of the best! I have memories to last me a lifetime!!! I'm already planning my next trip...so be prepared!!!!

3 comments:

Line said...

Lol, she stole your drink?! Who does that?! Hahahaha

NeenaLove said...

lol.... i feel the island fever... my feet are HIGHLY itchy as well. hehehehe... luckily i'm spending christmas in the south. alabama here i come!!

***~_Bunz_~*** said...

Ui I had such a blast our 8 hours of fun i say! It was so good seeing you...talk about missing the rock! i can't wait to come out!