Friday, October 17, 2008

Utah Saga Pt. 3

SATURDAY...

This was probably the longest day of my life. It was a good thing I got home early the night before, because this day was a doozie! It started bright and early at 6:30...that's the time I had to get up in order to get ready for the morning session of Conference. And yes...I actually went to conference this weekend, and was inspired by the talks and testimonies of our church leaders. I met up with Bubs and her Vegas crew for the first session. We got some pretty good seats too! We sat at the bottom of the terrace, probably the closest I've ever sat in the conference center. It was pretty amazing. Here's some pix of us at the blessed event.


me and bubs


me, bubs and jorge


view from our seats


calling dad to see if he saw me


oops...not supposed to be on the phone

After conference ended, we were greeted by rainstorm outside. And the Hawaii girl that I am, went to conference in a short sleeved (thin) blouse, short jeans skirt, and slippers!!! So you can probably guess that I was freezing my bootie off!!! Oh yeah, did I mention that I didn't have a jacket either?! Jorge, Bubsie's friend, was kind enough to let me use his umbrella at least, as we walked back to the car, which was parked about a block away from the conference center. As soon as I got in the car, I turned the heater on full blast to defrost my frost bitten appendages.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay for the second session because I had to do some shopping for Ms. Tito's baby shower, which was scheduled to begin immediately following the last session. So, I hopped in the car and drove over to Mele's house to pick her up so we could go and get a gift for Crystal Lynn. Me, Mele, Char (Mele's oldest sister), and Mele's cousin drove to the nearest Wal Mart to find our gift. Ok...so just a tip. Don't EVER shop at the Wal Mart in West Valley on 54th because it is so dang empty!!!!! Not only was their registry machine broken, but they had NONE of the items that Tito registered for! So we ran through the rain, hopped in the car and drove to the Wal Mart in Taylorsville. MUCH better! After getting all of our baby items, we went back to Mele's house, wrapped the gifts, and went to the shower. Did I mention it was STILL raining?!

As we pull up to the house, I noticed that there were a grip of people inside. So, how embarrassing was it when Mele and I come hauling in our gift (a rocking chair) in front of everyone, and then getting stuck in the middle of the room with it cause there was no room to set it down. Talk about claustrophobia. I ended up kickin' it outside with Ms. Ofo...just catching up. The shower was a success! Everyone from every part of Tito's life was present. Here's some pix of some of us who stayed behind to help clean up. Lol.


Group shot
And another one
The Hawaii crew with Silly Billy

The shower ended at around 7pm, and can you believe that this was the just the halfway point of my day? *Sigh* Tis the life of a young single adult in Salt Lake City during General Conference. What can I say? Sleep is not an option. We all went our separate ways to get ready for yet ANOTHER dance. This time however, we were to be entertained by the skits of each singles ward in the three Tongan Stakes. The North Stake probably had the BEST skit. It amazes me how people are so willing to participate in these things. They're such good sports about it too! This dance was a little more entertaining because all of the girls were there. It was like we were all back at BYUH dancing stupid and making fun of each other. Here's a clip of what happens when me and Bubs gets together at dances. Stinkin' Mele snuck up on us with this one. The beginning of the clip is of Mele's cousins, so just wait til the end.


Watch More Videos Uploaded by www.bebo.com/mayray2a1

Here's some pix of everyone at the dance.

Bubs is always so excited to see me! Lol.
The girlies!!!!


Us again...this time with Nela.

Of course, after every dance, there's an AFTER party. So everyone headed back to the Moleni's for the usual kick it sesh. I was thinking it would just be our original crew there, but I was in for a rude awakening. As I walk in the door, there is MADD people in the house already. Random people were showing up, and I was like "uhhhhhhh.....claustrophobia!!!!" With all those singles there, I hope at least ONE marriage comes out of that. LOL. Kara, Phil and some other talented people serenaded us with their beautiful voices. Man, I wish I could sing. *sigh* I was planning on sleeping over to spend more time with Tina and Crystal, but all those people kinda killed it for me. We didn't leave til about 4:30 in the morning. That's almost 24 hours of activity. What a long day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I didn't know she was pregnant! I love that girl! and her sister and Mele! Glad to see they're doing good!!
Your Utah trip looked fun! You're so funny! I love those pictures in the conference center!

Line said...

I don't remember being that active and crazy when I was single, LOL. Jk!

Line said...

P.S. Is that kind of dancing allowed at church dances? LOL