Friday, October 10, 2008

Utah Saga Series

So, considering I just made the trip to Utah, I found it only appropriate to document every single thing that happened. Therefore, the next series of posts will be dedicated to this trip, thus calling it the Utah Saga. Each post will document each eventful day. Whew! Just thinking about writing this blog makes me totally exhausted. BUT, it must be done. And I have to be sure to include EVERYTHING, because, YES, it was that much fun! So here we go...with the first post to this series.

THURSDAY...

The flight left Honolulu at 10pm, with a scheduled layover in LAX for about 4 hours. Luckily, everyone tried to get on the direct flight just a half hour earlier, so this flight was open! I was told that the connecting flight would be open, but all of a sudden people started showing up out of nowhere!!! So, I just barely made the flight. Literally, just barely...like 3rd to the last seat left. Ok...maybe not 3rd, but for sure 4th! Hahaha.

So I get there, and everything runs smoothly. My bags are the first to get on the carousel, and as I'm walking out I run in to Pono! We chit chat for a bit, and then go our separate ways. I walk across the street to pick up my car. The line at Enterprise is a little long, but they're so fast and efficient, I find myself breezing through the check-in counter. I get a free upgrade to an intermediate car, but when we get there, there aren't any left. So they give me the option between a minivan, and a Dodge Magnum!!! As tempting as it was to take the van, I had to opt for the sleeker look of the Magnum, as seen here,



Hahaha. "Today must be my lucky day," I think to myself.


I get in the car, put my purse on the passenger seat, and set my phone in one of the handy slots on the middle console, and head out to Magna. As I'm driving, I reach for my phone to give my cousin the head's up, and am alarmed to find my phone covered in some cleaning liquid, that I later find out is windex!!!! The screen is flashing on and off, and learning from previous experience, I realize that my phone is totally BROKEN!!!!


Long story short, I go to the Sprint store and they say the new one can only be shipped by next week Monday!!! So, how lucky am I to have the best cousin in the world, who lets me use her phone for that busy weekend! Thanks Chantel!!! I didn't get a chance to take a pic with her, but here's a shot of me and her (with Tusi in the middle) in New Zealand.


So, that was probably the most stressful part of the trip. Moving on.

Fortunately, that evening I was lucky enough to go to the Utah vs. Oregon State game with the Crystal Tua'one, and Phil Moleni. They had an extra ticket, so they invited me to tag along. And how grateful was I for that...because that game was probably one of the most exciting games I've ever been to. I was reminded of how crazy those Utah fans can get. The stadium was a sea of red, with one small sliver of Orange for those faithful Oregon fans. Let's just say that Utah won by a field go at, literally, the last second of the game!!! Go Utes!!! You know I HAD to have some pix of that O-some event right?!

Check out that sea of red!!!

Me and Tito

The score just before me and Tito made our way out of the stadium.

Our new view after Utah came back to tie the game.

Our view just before Utah made the winning field goal!!!


After the long hike back to the car, we headed back to the Moleni's for some R&R, where I was serenaded by brother Phil. This kid is so talented, he amazes me with each new song. I can see his style evolving, especially since he started practicing on the guitar. He and Tito are so talented it's disgusting. Hahaha. Here's a clip of one of his new songs. I luv this kidd!

No comments: