Monday, October 13, 2008

The Saga Continues....

FRIDAY....

This was probably the most productive day of the whole week! It started off with lunch with one of my fav cuzzo's, Taualai Fonoti. He is doing BIG thangs in good ol' Salt Lake City. He works part-time at Skywest Airlines so his parents and family can enjoy the benefits of flying free/cheap. But he is currently one of the investment team leaders at Morgan Stanley Investment Bank. Here's one interesting tid bit of information, Morgan Stanley only has two branches, one in New York City, and the other in Salt Lake City. Who would have thunk? Here's a pic of him hard at work. So now that he's making the money, he can take ME out for lunch. Hahaha.

Here's a pic of Lai busy at work!!! Lol.

After lunch, I made the trip towards Provo. On the way there, I HAD to visit my cousin Lena. It's like my second home when I'm in Utah. I guess you could say her home is the Hub for all of our family get togethers out there. Her kids are getting so BIG. It was good catching up with her for that short time. I hate that I always feel so rushed on these visits. It just makes me want to move there even more. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures with her. I see a bad habit forming here....so bad. But, I did get a shot of her kids. Here's Richard and Malia.


After visiting with her for about an hour or so, I drove down to Provo to visit friends. First on the list was Ms. Kara Henderson. After spending a couple days with her in Hana a month or so ago, I was highly anticipating this visit just to spend time with her. She is currently living just a few blocks away from BYU in this cute little house off of 600 North. It was soooo good visiting with her. But, dorks as we are, we actually did HOMEWORK the whole time. It worked out fine though because I was able to finish not one, but two papers that were due that day. That was the first and last time I did homework on this trip. And I'm paying for it now as I type. But oh well, it was ALL worth it.



After we were pooped from all that reading, Kara's friend Jamie came over and they had a little jam session in honor of me. Hahaha...well, I like to think so at least. Kara is another talented friend that I have. Her style as an artist has definitely evolved from when I first heard her sing four years ago. She attributes it all to performing live at the Valour(sp?) in Provo. You hit it sas!

My last stop in Provo was the Hafoka household. I am just the worse because I didn't get ONE picture with Line. I got a couple of little Spencer, that cutie, but none of the parents. So fired...I know...sorry Line. But yeah....it was nice just kickin' back with Line. It's always fun cruising with Line cause we just pick up where we left off. You know you're TRUE friends when you're asked to take them to run their errands. Lol!!! Gotta love it. So we cruised to the grocery store, and then stopped at Fazoli's to grab some dinner. Fazoli's was a huge disappointment....they just lost a loyal customer. What happened to the free breadsticks? Frecc!

Here's cutie Spencer!!!

Anyhoo...after visiting with the Hafoka's for a quick minute, I was already back on the road to Salt Lake. For all you Conference YSA lifers, you know that Conference weekend just wouldn't be the same without a dance. But, by the time I got home it was already 9:30, and I was hecka tired. I wasn't even trying to get ready for the dance, cause I knew it would end by the time I got there. Just as I was about to get comfortable in bed, Taualai called and peer pressured me into going. So I just threw on whatever was around, and made my way to the dance.

As I predicted, there was only half an hour left in the dance, but I'm glad I ended up going because I saw everyone I wanted to see there. Mostly people from the Laie 11th Singles ward that had just moved up to Provo for school. Highlights of the night, seeing my bestest home teacher in the world, Sheldon Carvalho. He just recently moved to Springville to teach math, and also coach their girl's volleyball team. I miss him! But the best moment of all....seeing Ms. Ofo Filimoeatu, my former roommate and partner in crime!!!! This is one cool cat. Even though we didn't get to talk as much because we were dancing, it was soooooo good seeing her.

Me and Ms. O. i really don't like this pic of me, but O looks good...so I had to post it!

It's little reunions like this that made Friday that much better!!!!!

1 comment:

Line said...

Thanks for helping me run my errands, lol. I like Spencer's indian mark in the middle of his head.