Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Things About Me

Sorry Coreen, I'm totally biting this off of your blog. But as I was writing down my 25 things, I couldn't help but think to myself, "self...this would be great on your blog!!!!" So here it is folks. 25 things that you may or may not know about me. Enjoy!!!

1. I am suffering from complete boredom...hence the completion of this survey. I should be doing homework, but with slow days at Kavaroots I gotta spread out the agenda.

2. I work at a little smoothie shack on the beautiful North Shore of O'ahu, Hawaii, called Kavaroots. Yes...we serve kava, and yes I have to mix it for the customers, but I forewarn them that it tastes like dirt. Yet, these tourists still want to try it. Go figure.

3. I make the best Acai bowls known to man. Well, so I've been told at least. Hahaha. But I like to think I do. But I know for a fact that we (Kavaroots) makes the best Acai bowls in Hawaii!!!

4. I am the youngest child of six, and am very spoiled by EVERYONE! My parents, AND my siblings. They all know it, yet they continue to spoil me. I'm not complaining.

5. I have been babysitting kids since I was 10, and will continue to do so until I leave this island.

6. I will be graduating from BYUH in December of this year, and want to pursue my master's at BYU Provo in Public Administration. I never, EVER thought I would find myself pursuing this type of career. But a visit from one of the teachers from the MPA program got me convinced that this is where I need to be. Go figure.

7. I've declared three different majors: Business Management, Information Systems, and then finally settled on Political Science. Can you believe it?!?!?! Thus making me your average 8-year student!!!! Ugh...but I'm happy to say I'm nearly done. For now at least.

8. I love playing volleyball! I don't play as much as I would like nowadays, but that was all I would do when I was in high school. I was the most dedicated player on the team. In one game a teammate from the back row shanked a ball, and I ran from the front row, all the way into the bleachers to save it. Unfortunately, I didn't know I was running into the bleachers, and I landed on my side, knocking the wind out of me. I wasn't embarrassed about falling, I was more embarrassed with the horrible sound I was making while trying to catch my breath!!! It was so gross. Ask me, and maybe I'll demonstrate for you later.

9. Going off of #8, not long after that I fall, I sprained my ankle (for the first and last time so far) during practice. I was forced to walk around school - the school on a hill that has buildings spread out along that stupid hill - on crutches.

10. While getting off the bus with the aforementioned crutches, one crutch slipped, and I fully fell down the stairs of the bus. THIS was embarrassing. What made it worse...my bus driver, who also happened to be my uncle couldn't help but laugh hysterically at me!!! How rude! Hahahaha. To make matters worse, I was late for class.

11. I hate customers that come to Kavaroots and ask stupid questions. Example (cause this just happened while I was typing):

Customer: "Can I just buy a bowl of granola?"

Me: "Uhhh...no. That's not on our menu. I would have to charge you a dollar per scoop, and it would take about 4 scoops to fill a bowl."

Customer: "Oh, ok. Can you add soy milk?"

Me: "Like cereal? I would have to charge you for that too."

Customer: "Ok, never mind." With the evilest stink eye EVER!!!!

Where does it say that we serve cereal?!?!?!?! It's a freakin smoothie shop. Ok...that was more of a venting sesh if anything. Just had to share.

12. I want to open up my own Acai shop when I move to Utah. I know the people there will LOVE it, especially the students in Provo. I'm just stuck on what I would serve during the winter???

13. I got lost at the swap meet when I was 5. I think this is why I HATE going to that place. Well, aside from the many trips taken with my aunty who would walk around the whole stadium five times and buy like TWO things! Eh!

14. I've been to Mexico twice in my life, but majority of the time was spent at the resort. I never really got the feel of what "real" Mexico is like, and I don't really have a desire to any time soon. Lol.

15. The only other time I've been out of the country was when my family and I went to New Zealand for our family reunion. That was probably the best family vacay ever!!! But I did feel sorry for my sisters. One of them wasn't able to come with us, and the other ones husband never come either.

16. I love going to Hana!!!! I literally feel one with the land when I'm there. The beaches. The mountains. Everything about nature. Just. Feels. Right.

17. I took 4 years of Japanese while I was in high school and have nothing but my Photo Poly career to show for it. Hahahaha. Yup...two years at Photo Poly in Japanese sales. Go figure.

18. When I was in second grade, I biffed it big time while riding my friends bike down Hau'ula Loop Trail. I ended up with a huge gash on my knee, chin and both elbows. I went home looking for sympathy, but all I got was dirty hurts from my mom cause I wasn't even supposed to be there.

19. Sometimes I love listening to "Spa Music." You know....the background music they play when you're getting a massage. I especially love the flute compositions. They are so relaxing. I think I got this from working in a spa. That was by far, one of my all time favorite jobs.

20. I love to read. I don't read as much now that I'm in school, but once I get started, I can read for days on end.

21. I think I have a little white girl living inside of me because I love watching The Hills. I think I would be an awesome friend to L.C. I would definitely wanna kick Heidi AND Spencer's trash. They're so annoying.

22. Outside of my family, I've only gotten into one fight. It was at a Lauryn Hill concert. Yup. I made Lauryn stop the concert. That's all I'm gonna say.

23. I love listening to my dads stories about what it was like growing up all over the island. Especially the ones about his time in Waialua. I really should record these story times.

24. I learned how to type (on a typewriter) when I was in kindergarten. Do they still do that?

25. I wanna learn how to surf, be a portrait/landscape photographer, and go to Europe. I'm excited to say that I'll be able to cross two of those items off my list. WOO HOO!!!!!!!

3 comments:

daveandsavani said...

wow ui, now i know all about you. lol. you are hilarious, i love the memories. you know i have never been to kavaroots and i have never tried an acai bowl. is that what it's called? i've heard they are the bomb though, so i will for sure stop by the next time im in hawaii... which will hopefully be in a couple weeks!! yay! or maybe we can mix kava. lol. can you mix on the job?

Tina said...

cool, it's great to learn more about you. but I agree, you do need to record some of your dad's life stories, you'll treasure them forever and ever!

Line said...

LOL @ the customer asking for cereal! Hahahahaha. You should've told them to go across the street to Foodland, LOL. And are you going to Europe?! We should go on a group trip cause me and Saia wanna go and I think Savani them wanna go too.