Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update on 'My So-Called Life'

Ok...so I'm done with that dreaded review paper! Woo Hoo!!! Now four more to go! Eeeeh!

Anyhoo...I just wanted to post a little update on my life. Nothing too exciting, but definitely some changes have occurred. I'm happy to say that I'm still working hard on my resolutions. Yup...its the second month of the year and I'm proud to say that I've maintained 2 out of 4 of my resolutions.

So far, I have refrained from watching rated-R movies. You will not believe how hard of a task this has been for me thus far. As soon as I posted my resolutions, I discovered two AMAZING movies ready for release in theaters...Gran Torino, and Slumdog Millionaire! Satan...i HATE you!!! Thank goodness for this new found self control. Sorry Greg...I'm sticking to this one for the year. So 'Clean Flicks' will be my new best friend.

Daily prayers and scripture study have been going pretty good as well. Reading three pages a day have definitely made a difference with my day. I have a greater love for the Book of Mormon each time I read. There are so many things that I've learned, or been reminded of since I began. It always amazes me how well the Lord knows me and how He knows what I need to hear with each day.

I've mentioned before to my friends that this was definitely going to be a year of change for myself. Last August I moved out of my ward boundary, placing me in the Laie 10th singles ward. I only started attending this ward this year. At first it was a bit difficult for me because it was something that I wasn't used to, even though I already knew most of the people there. But the spirit there is exactly what I need. I've recently been called as the Relief Society secretary!!! Can you believe that?! Totally not what I expected, but I'm definitely grateful for the opportunity that I've been given to serve and better acquaint myself with this group of amazing sisters!

My work outs have been ok, I guess. I started off really good by working out every morning, and being conscious of what I was eating. I make sure that I drink a lot of water throughout the day, and try not to eat after 7. This week however has been the worst! I find myself more tired, and less motivated to do ANYTHING! Ugh! So, today I'm going to start working out with a few friends of mine. I think that is what I need the most. Moral support. Its hard to go workout when you're going by yourself.

As for school, its going ok so far. We are already 1/3 through the semester! That's so fast. This new schedule is definitely throwing me off. I already have two major term papers due in less than 2 weeks! It kinda sucks because the classes seem rushed and I feel like I'm not learning as much as I should from my teachers. However, this has forced me to utilize study groups! That is something that I've never really done before. Again, stepping out of my comfort zone.

So this year has changed me all right. Sometimes to the point where I don't even recognize myself anymore. I rarely go out and socialize anymore. I guess you could say....I'm growing up.

5 comments:

daveandsavani said...

wow ui im impressed, right on!!! congrats on the sec. calling- thats my calling in my ward too. i bet you are the bomb at it- keepin' the president all organized and stuff. =) . As for me, well, lets just say the bishops not gonna release me until im perfect at it, and thats gonna be a lloooonng time. keep up the good work!!!

"Love or Perish" - W. H. Auden said...

good job ui...i havent even made any resolutions yet (besides tryin not to get so angry with my husband) so i'm very proud of you, esp with the movie thing...that's hard for me too. anytime you wanna play vball, holla coz i need to get back into the swing of it too.

Tina said...

You can do it Ui! There are lots of good non-rated R movies out there I promise. And when you move up here (that's still the plan right?) we have several edited DVD's for you to catch up with.

alexis said...

Good job with all your self control you got going on there! RS secretary...that's a big job, but I know you're probably good at it with all your organizational skills.

Line said...

Good job Ui! You're gonna do so good at the RS sec thing cause you're so good at planning stuff and being organized. With the R rated movie thing, it gets easier, I promise. I remember when I first decided to stop watching R rated movies, it was hard. Even now I get annoyed when I see the previews to a movie that looks good and then it says it's rated R. But you just get to a point where R rated isn't even an option anymore, so it's not so hard; kind of like it's not hard to refrain from drinking alcohol cause it's not even an option for you. Hang in there, you're so good.

P.S. And I wouldn't have done our RS lip sync if there was only four of us like there was for Rachel's wedding. Lol! There were like 10 of us so I felt less like I was in the lime light.