Saturday, January 3, 2009

Week in Review

Ok...first off...I just have to say that I totally didn't realize that I left the end of my last post unfinished. Hahahahaha!!!! As I was reading the comments I was wondering why everyone was talking about "the first thing that comes to mind" when it came to the power outage. Then I re-read my post and couldn't stop lauging cuz I fully left that post unfinished. But I must say...it did instigate some memories for my readers. Haha. Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts on the outage. And yes Ashleigh...your wedding was one of the first things on my mind. Especially your guys' dance cause I was planning on attending that with Bubs and everyone else after work. Oh well....let's just say that you definitely have an awesome story to tell your kids.

Anyhoo, I've just returned from the ultimate relaxing retreat. I spent the past week lounging with my dear friends in Hana. I was fortunate enough to return to my version of paradise this past Monday. This time I was determined to do nothing but lounge and spend time with some of my favorite people. The majority of my week was spent sleeping...eating...sleeping...eating some more....watching movies....and playing some fun games. This was a much needed vacation after working for 11 days!!!!!! It was the recuperation I needed before school started. I see a tradition starting. Lol. As soon as we got in, we HAD to hit up Wainapnapa...my favorite spot there. Unfortunately, the rain kept us in the rest of the week.

We let go of our inhibitions, and made some new discoveries. Malia, our artistic guru initiated our paper mache exercise, where we created the beauty of nature. Our finishe product? The awesomest depiction of the taro plant ever!!! Hahaha. Yes...we made a paper mache taro. It was pretty amazing if I do say so myself. The best thing, we ALL had a part in it. I'll have to post the pictures later because the one bad thing about my trip...my camera mysteriously died right before we got on the plane to come home. Sad.

New Year's Eve was spent watching the whole six hours of Pride and Prejudice!!! I've never seen that movie before and I can see why now. Hahaha....just kidding. It was pretty cool. Definitely a bonding moment for all of us. Lol. Later that evening, we headed to the Diego's, a local family that has lived in Hana for the past three generations. Tracing back all the way to when the first sugar cane workers migrated into Hana. They are members of the only branch there, and were kind enough to take "mercy" on us young adults. We ate til we were about to pass out. We mustered up whatever energy we had left to haul ourselves up to the Hana Hotel where we counted down the end of the year and enjoyed the amazing fireworks display. It was a nice change from the smokey new year I usually celebrate back home, with the mounds of red paper left behind.

But thank you so much, Tiana, Kara, Ida, Grandma Caroline, and Malia for making this trip amazing! I love Hana, and I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Lol, Ui I'm CRACKING up cause I was kinda thinking your "comment prompt" was kinda weird last time even though I left a comment about the lights out...lol xo