Monday, January 5, 2009

Blast from the Past!!!

After having a hefty dinner at my hanai brothers house, my nieces, nephews and I headed over to the parentals abode to pick up a few things. As we pulled up to the house, we noticed an unfamiliar car parked out front. I was a little confused when I saw a younger haole guy, maybe in his 30's, talking to my dad in the living room. But as I turned the corner, imagine my surprise when I saw Kalli, formerly Kamauoha, and her mother sitting on our couch!!! The haole guy, I figured, was her husband...lol.
Ok...I know this is a ghetto picture. But I'm at work, so I gotta work with what I can.


Kalli was my brother Jason's girlfriend before he passed back in June 1996. She has always had a special place in our hearts since then, so you can imagine the flood of memories that overwhelmed me when I saw her. June 23 will mark the 13th anniversary of my brothers passing. I was only 13 when he passed, but I sure do miss him. Every now and then I'll run into his classmates or friends, and they'll share some stories and experiences they had with him. He was here with us for such a short time, but he definitely lived a FULL life. I'm comforted by the knowledge I have that I will be one day reunited with him. I love you Jason. *tear*

6 comments:

NeenaLove said...

He was the sweetest kid! I miss him too. Can you imagine how many laughs we would have, if he stayed a little longer?! Ahhh well... glad he's traveling the universe now.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much said...

Our family misses him too. Lots of cherished memories growing up with him!

Luela said...

UGH. That picture makes me tear. I will always be reminded of Jason every year on my birthday for the rest of my life! Sure miss his sillyness...

Karessie said...

love ya ui girl! :D :D

Line said...

Man, I can't believe it's been 13 years already since he's passed. I guess it doesn't seem that long ago to me because even though I didn't know Jason personally, I feel like I got to know him through you years after he passed away. Touching post. :)

"Love or Perish" - W. H. Auden said...

how sweet of kalli to visit with her family. and btw i LOVE this pic of Jason, it's my favorite.