Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year, New Semester

School has started up again, and I have an optimistic attitude about this semester. During the break, believe it or not, I couldn't wait to come back to school. I don't know where this new found excitement is coming from, but I was ready to hit the books. That slowlly started to fizzle out after the first day of school this past Wednesday. Mainly with my 4 credit class. The teacher nearly scared the crap out of me because he kept reiterating how difficult the course would be this semester. So cross your fingers, toes, and eyes and pray that I pass!

One of the perks about school is location. Look at the campus environment (see pic above)!!!! It truly is paradise. As I sit here, just outside of the library, and look out at the beautimous day that is today, I can't help but be grateful. The peace. The serenity. This. Is. Home. Here are a few pictures of the Ulu grove we went to in Hana. I told you I'd post some pix.





These are some of the reasons why I'm thankful I can call Hawaii my home.

5 comments:

NeenaLove said...

gorgeous pics! who would ever wanna leave paradise?

LOL...

***~_Bunz_~*** said...

I love the pic of the stones and water! so serene!!! Glad ur pumped for school! So am I!!!

Line said...

Wow Ui, have you been hiding your picture-taking skills all this time! The pix look like something you'd steal off the internet. :) And yes, Hawaii (but the North Shore, more specifically) really is beautiful. I make fun of BYUH being small enough to be a HS campus (at least in Utah), but the truth is, the smallness is what makes it beautiful. Small= close community= clean environment=beautiful.

Ashleigh said...

Don't worry, Ui. A few semesters ago I had a teacher who was the same way. The first class, he spent fifteen minutes talking about how half of us would either drop the class or fail out of it and that he was NOT giving any "incompletes" so we'd better try to pass or drop out. I passed (barely) but don't worry - you can do it! love, ash

Ui said...

to answer u line....yes...i have been hiding them. i can't take all the credit though. malia took the one of the rocks. i loved the angle she got with that one.