Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"No Meat! No Meat! La la la la la la!!!"


It's official. I've jumped on the "no meat" bandwagon. I've been playing with this idea for quite some time now, but have never really been able to go through with it. But after talking to friends and family who have done it, and said they feel much healthier ever since they have, I've decided to give it a shot. Now, I told myself that I would start small...like just eliminating any beef or pork. That if I absolutely HAD to have some "meaty" consistency, I would substitute it with chicken or turkey. But I decided against that because I've done it before, and it never works out. So, vegetarianism...here I come. I think my body is fighting against what my mind has chosen for it because I'm typing this while laying in bed with an upset stomach. HAHAHAHAHAHA! We'll just say that my body is "cleansing" itself of all the meat I ate over the weekend. I hate sick stomachs.

So...since accountability is key...I'm putting it out there. If you run in to me anywhere, and see me about to eat anything with legs...I give u full permission to slap me! Lol!

9 comments:

In The Doghouse said...

After spending a few days with Jan and Ane, I just want to say....OH NO not you too!

Karessie said...

AWESOME. i always think about it but get depressed...and the only thing that gets me outta that depression is a teri burger. bahaha.

btw, it ended up not being raia's sister. :) :) i meant to tell oriana. can you tell her? ha ha. love love

Line said...

You can do it, you can do it! I know what you mean about it not working when you "start small." I tried to just eliminate chocolate, but I still ate just as much sweets, just without chocolate. Anyway, don't get too vegeterian, your body needs some protein. :)

***~_Bunz_~*** said...

Welcome to the club SAS!!! I've been going for a month strong and totally loving it! =) Veggie patties are really good if ur missing that meat consistency... it's amazing how many options there are to eat when u take meat out of the diet...I still eat seafood though, because I love it and don't eat often. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Ashleigh said...

well you go girl - just remember it's all about being healthy :) and your body does need some kind of protein! xoxo

hine.T said...

BTW..."no meat, no meat" song ref to the Lion King? "no king, no king". Hmm. LOL. Good luck with that girl...I couldn't even begin to try without meat...withdrawals would begin within the hour & I'd rush to McD's! LOL

Keo's said...

Morning Star makes the best Chicken Patties. Actually it's tofu but I swear they taste like the best chicken burgers you'll ever eat! Expensive but sooooo worth it. Good luck

Las Vegas Sweety said...

hows it going ui? i hope it's going well! about the naysayers and protein, meat is not the only source of protein, dark green leafy veggies are an excellent source of protein. a great resource is victoria boutenko's green for life book! also juicefeasting.com. you will detox A LOT, so good luck and let me know how it's going!

Ashleigh said...

how did you do at caryn & vaughn's wedding reception?