Friday, March 6, 2009

1 down....2 more to go!!!

I have officially booked my tickets to L.A. for this summer. This may not seem like a big deal to most people, but it means that I am one step closer to my Summer Expedition in Europe!!!! Woot! Woot! You read correctly....Europe baby!!!!!

A couple of my friends and I are currently planning a backpacking trip throughout several European countries this summer, and boy am I excited!!! At first we were thinking of going on a Mediterranean cruise, because one of the main places we wanted to go to was Greece. But we figured, since we're there, we might as well try to see more.

So we decided to take the Eurail to 5+ countries. The train pass is actually cheaper than the cruise itself, the only setback is that we'll have to pay for lodging and food ourselves. But my friends have some companions in some of these countries, so we're gonna try to stay with them. Here are the countries we decided we HAVE to go to:

- France
- Spain
- Italy
- Greece
- Switzerland

The pass lets us travel up to 15 days to up to 21 countries!!!! We are so excited!

So...now that I have one of the major costs out of the way (my roundtrip ticket from here to L.A.), that's one less thing to worry about. Now all that's left is the roundtrip ticket to France from Salt Lake (I'll be road tripping it from L.A to Salt Lake), and then the Eurail pass. Europe....here I come!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

karebear said...

Can I come???

Unknown said...

ok...JEALOUS!! I wanna go to Europe! You are going to have SO much fun. They say that Switzerland is clean enough to eat off the sidewalk. Keep us updated on the plans so that we can live vicariously through you. =)

harmony said...

LUCK-EEEEEE!!! i've always wanted to travel all over europe. you are livin' the dream girl. enjoy yourself!

Tina said...

That sounds like so much fun, keep us posted!

Johnson Family said...

It's going to be so much fun Ui...you guys HAVE to do it!! I'm so jealous =) Let me just tell you that if I wasn't married, had a son, and was pregnant, I would be going with you guys..LOL...that's right, I just invited myself along. See you soon!

Luela said...

Have you seen Hostil!? LOL. OMG. You're so lucky. Who are you going with?

Leise said...

Yay! I found your blog (hee hee sidebusting up in this B...for BLOG, get your mind right)! Wow, you're gonna get to see more of Europe than I did...and I lived there! lol. Have fun!

alexis said...

You can pack me in your suitcase. It will have to be the biggest suitcase ever made, but still. I love Europe, you guys will have so much fun! Those kinds of trips might be expensive, but they are soooo worth it!

Karessie said...

so why aren't i invited???? :L :L :L

Line said...

Ooooooo, that sounds SO fun! Saia and I want to get out to Paris some time (probably in the summer) too since Delta flies direct, so maybe we'll see you in Paaaaarriiii. Hahaha

Unknown said...

I am SO jealous!! I want to go!! Have fun! and be sure to document so I can live vicariously through you!!

Ashleigh said...

I'm J. The end.