Monday, March 2, 2009

Blessing in Disguise

Yesterday was one of the busiest Sundays for me. Baby blessings, meetings upon meetings, CHURCH, and an impromptu fireside by one of the Apostles. But I had the reassurance that if I was diligent in my callings, I would be blessed. AND HOW BLESSED AM I!!!

Today is officially the midpoint of my semester and I have a lot...I mean A LOT of stuff due. Here's a list...just to give you an idea.

6-page term paper for Public Administration class
Chapter Review questions (30+) for Astronomy
Midterm for Political Inquiry (my hardest class this semester)
Article review for Political inquiry

So, as I mentioned in my previous post, I have been procrastinating BIG time, and the only thing I was able to finish before today was the Astronomy assignment. So I woke up at 7am to start my 6-page paper, thinking in the back of my mind that I still have to do my article review, which is due at 2:30. Did I mention, my term paper is due at 4pm? So you can see where this is going. Luckily, I have today and tomorrow to take my midterm...so that's a blessing in itself. But the biggest blessing was the email I received, around 11:30 saying that my article review won't be due until 2:30 Wednesday!!! HALELUJAH!!!!!

You can just imagine my utter joy and relief after reading that email. I wanted to kiss the screen! So now, my time is devoted to finishing my term paper, which by the way I am currently halfway through page six!!! Woohoo!!! Then after that, my time is devoted to studying for this midterm...cause it's gonna be a doozie!

I knew that if I put my trust in Him, He would bless me. Thank you. Don't get me wrong...I know I wasn't blessed because of my procrastination. And I know I shouldn't be waiting til the last minute to do EVERYTHING. I'm just saying, that I'm thankful for a Father who knows me, and loves me still the same.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I was the HUGEST procrastinator in college, but somehow I was always able to get it done--and I KNOW that it was in large part due to my diligence in church things (callings, attendance, tithing, etc). Good luck finishing up all of your work this week...you can do it!

Line said...

I have definitely had my share of procrastination in school. Although He does expect us to do our part, He definitely blesses us when our lives are in order, with Him coming first. And of course it's always great to see your testimony confirmed in your work. Good for you Ui!

Johnson Family said...

I was and still am a huge procrastinator, and like Line and Caryn, somehow found a way to get things done (with a lot of praying and faith). When overwhelmed and falling behind, I've learned to take things one task at a time. I'm glad that things are working out for you and I hope they continue to do so. Can't wait to see you soon!!!

Feki Pouha said...

I remember those days when I didnt know how it was all going to work out and it did. Definitely a skill that comes in handy. Mahalo U'i.

Karessie said...

UI, i promise you that if you DON'T DO HOMEWORK on sundays, you can get everything done :) :) I always "kept the Sabbath day holy" and didn't do any homework on it- partly cause I didn't want to ANYWAYS, ha ha ha. BUT It really helped me be able to get things done in time :)