Friday, September 12, 2008

Stealing Jewelry and Changing Clothes

Ladies and gentleman, allow me to introduce my niece Caylee Latafale Lina Saaga.
Cute and adorable, yes...I agree. But watch out, this girl is a thief!!!! Lock up all your valuables when this girl comes to visit. She has the stickiest fingers known to man. Not only is she a thief, but she's a sneaky little liar! I know I may sound harsh, but you might change your mind after you hear this story. Now, keep in mind that this girl is only FIVE years old. Well, actually, she turns six on the 28th, but that really doesn't matter because this girl is something else.

About two weeks ago I got a call from my sister, and this is how that conversation went:

Sister: Where did you leave your Hawaiian bracelets?

Me: In my room. You were the last one to use it right?

Sister: Hahaha, yup. I put them back. Apparently your niece decided to take them to school with her and give them away to all of her friends.

Me: WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

So after I got off the phone with my sister, I headed over to Caylee's school to pick her up from the after school program. Imagine my surprise when I see her running around the playground in her church dress and church shoes. Who does that?! I thought maybe they had some type of fancy activity in school or something. So I send her brother to call her over to the car. She runs into the cafeteria to pick up her bag, not knowing that I'm waiting for her. She takes forever and a day, so I walk into the cafe and see her hiding behind a little bookshelf. As I walk towards her, she has that look like, "oh crap....i think I'm in trouble." When I reach her I notice that she's completely changed her outfit! I don't think too much of it because my mind was preoccupied with the discovery of my niece's case of cleptomania. She gathers her things and follows me to the car when I tell her, "oooooohhhhh....you're in trouble little girl." Her pace quickly declined, afraid of what was waiting for her at home....her father.

So we get home, and her dad goes through the whole routine of scolding her for stealing my jewelry (did i mention that along with the bracelets, she took like 4 or 5 bracelets as well?). After he was done, I was laughing because I was so flabergasted that a little 5 year old could even think of doing such a thing. Then I ask my brother-in-law, "did she leave the house in those clothes?" He nodded, and I just started laughing uncontrollably. I informed him about the whole "changing clothes" cherade, and my poor niece looked like she was afraid for her life. Instead of the beating that she thought was sure to come, we just laughed and laughed. This girl is only 5 years old, and she's already sneaking clothes to school to change in to. Oh my goodness!!! My brother-in-law just looked at her and said, "oh no! You're gonna be one of THOSE girls aren't you? The one who sneaks another outfit, and makeup in her bag so she can show off! I was totally picturing the whole thing in my mind.

So yes....this is one crazy girl. Not only is she sneaky, but so so soooooooooooooo sassy!!! If her stealing and sneakiness don't get her in trouble, her MOUTH will. So, don't be fooled by her (sometimes) cute appearance. This girl is devising a master plan of what she can get out of you while becoming your friend. But, she's my niece, and I gotta love her. Luckily, Hau'ula is a small community, and we know the parents of all her little friends, so I was able to get all my stuff back. But for now, Caylee is no longer allowed in my room. However, she always manages to sneak her way in there when I'm gone. What can you do?


10 comments:

Greg Dowden said...

She sure does sneak in still! I'm a witness! LOL!

Keo's said...

greg...what are YOU doing in Ui's room? J/K. Looks like we missed a lot while on our trip, you need to fill us in!

Line said...

LOL, what a little sneak! That's too cute! I can't believe her little 5 year old mind thought to change into clothes at school! Hahahaha, too funny!

alexis said...

That is so hilarious...I wish I had thought of stuff like that when I was five. She should have sold your bracelets instead of just giving them away. Maybe I should call her and make some suggestions.

Karessie said...

oh my gosh! that's tooooo funny (well, funny now, while she's young, ha ha ha, not so funny when she gets older). I say you booby trap your jewelry box, HAHAHAHAHA.

Anonymous said...

Ui- This was freaking hilarious when you told me over the phone and still funny when I read it again. Your little niece is a crack up, just remember two words......... Dead Bolt! ahahahahahahaha It could keep her out tho! jk

NeenaLove said...

OMG... at the JV game on Saturday, Latafale ran right in front of the football team while they're running into the locker room and had the nerve to look at them all crazy.

i was cracking up! i was trying to call her to get out of the way but she wasn't having it.

she is such a character. she belongs on MADTV.

RUBY said...

oh sister...thanz for the good laugh...im glad i can visualize ope grilling her....AHAHAHA ok today was sucha blast lets blog!

Luela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

dang girlfriend! I'm glad you got your bracelets back!! That is such a funny story!

Can you lock your room? Maybe that'll help...