Saturday, September 20, 2008

Committees, Beaches, and Sandwiches

So I totally have to blog about my ward activities committee. I must say...we are probably the BEST committee EVER!!! We work so well together, and really know how to have fun at our ward activities, even though we're the only ones there. Now that's what you call truly magnifying your calling! Last week was our Ward conference, and because our chair was out of town for most of the summer, and the rest of us were pretty much too "lazy" to plan it without her, the activities were kind of last minute. BUT...we still had fun. I'm gonna have to blog about that one later, cause i didn't upload those pix yet.

Anyhoo...after that week, we just couldn't get enough of each other cause we seemed to hang out almost EVERY day after that. We take late Sunday night/early Monday morning drives to Zippy's to have our committee "meetings." When in actuality all we do is gossip about our ward. BAD...BAD...BAD...I am aware..but we just can't help ourselves. We'll call in to work, or get off early just so we can make the hour and a half journey to the coves at the Ko Olina to work on our tans. And we even go out on a "hunt" for the best places to eat. I LOVE being on our activities committee.

Here we are just living and loving life!!!


Me and Greg's "before" picture

Me, Ane (Activities Chair), and Roro

Jacob, Greg and Shane

Group shot at our "spot"

And another one just as the sun was going down.

This was such a fun day. You can read more about it on Greg's blog. And he has some fun pix too! The beach has definitely helped me relax from the stresses of life...especially school. I plan on going at least twice a week. I have every Tuesday and Thursday off of school AND work, so those have been proclaimed my official "beach days!" And maybe Saturday if I don't have to work. I never realized how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place!

3 comments:

daveandsavani said...

im jealous ui, thats all i gotta say. one day we will be back living in hawaii for good and i will for sure invite myself to your beach days.

Line said...

It's almost Oct so that means it's starting to cool down here in Utah, some days are even considered COLD. Soooo... If you're still blogging about your "beach days" in Nov, I'm gonna stop reading your blog. :)

hine.T said...

Hi U'i girl!
Can I just start blogging now. I know Utah's been up on it, but not I! Well we have arrived! Give all those crazy people our love!
Toelupe OHana