Sunday, February 28, 2010

First Time Flyer

Training with Delta has gone smoothly so far. I have learned so much so far and it's only been two weeks! I *barely* passed my first assessment :) with a 95%. LOL. We have three assessments during training and then a Final at the end. We need an average of 85% in order to continue employment here. So I've got three more to go.

So, after a hard week of studying and pulling hair, I decided it was time for me to test out these benefits. I mean, why work here if I'm not going to fly. So I started small. A weekend retreat to visit my Murrieta (sp?) family. Boy, can I just tell you that it is sooooooooooooooo much better flying for free. The freedom to get on a plane whenever I please is so freaking awesome!!! So hop on a plane I did...the last flight out of Salt Lake City, headed to Orange County, California!!!

The one thing about being a "First Time Flyer" as an employee is the paranoia that lingers. Getting there was a breeze, but the return flights were a bit tricky. After missing the first two flights, I finally got on. Luckily the flights were within an hour of each other so the wait wasn't so bad. And it definitely helps to have my laptop handy.

I look forward to making more spontaneous trips in the near future. And because Delta is now the leading airline to travel to the most destinations...look out world...here i come!!!

3 comments:

NeenaLove said...

Yayyy uilani. That is so exciting! I super duper excited about making my way out there.

alexis said...

Lol love the Delta plug you got in there at the end. Good job on your test, keep up the good work!

Line said...

Yes, the freedom to fly wherever, whenever, and KNOW that it is all FREE... Well, it's addicting, to say the least. We will never be able to go back. Our lives are now centered on keeping those Delta benefits. Hahahaha. Glad you were able to test those benefits. Both Saia and I have learned that the benefits need to be put to frequent use as a reminder for why he works there and why I support him being away from home a little bit more to work there. :) It's SO worth it!