Saturday, March 6, 2010

Utah-an

The past few weeks I have been a lone ranger on the road, driving to and from work everyday. This has left me with a lot of time to listen to the radio (which btw...Utah stations suck!), listen to my iPod, and at times listen to my thoughts. It wasn't until early this morning, as I was driving home from the airport (picking up some stuff my friends so graciously brought back from Hawaii) that it finally hit me. OH-EM-GEE....I'm a UTAH-AN!!!!!!! I don't know why I haven't realized this sooner.....but ummmm...yeah...I am! As far as how I feel about this...I'm not so sure. I'm still trying to process it, but I'll let you know when I figure it out.

I guess for the past few months I've been transitioning exceptionally well given that I live with my sister and her kids, which pretty much makes up HALF of my family. Not to mention I've been working at the Hawaiian Cultural Center all this time, which makes me feel like I'm back home everyday I'm there. It's uncanny.

But as I drove down 12600S on my way to Draper to pick up an Orange Dream machine, the realization finally hit me...I am LIVING in Utah. LOL!!!

7 comments:

In The Doghouse said...

In California we loving refer to them as Utards...lol

karebear said...

You love it Ui. Don't deny it. haha.

***~_Bunz_~*** said...

haha Utard....Wow sis! It baffles me that so many peeps from Hawaii move to live in UTAH??? I still don't get it, but as long as ur happy it doesnt matter where you are =) thanks again for the inspiration!

alexis said...

I've lived here for almost nine years and it still hasn't sunk in, so give yourself some time. Lol!

Unknown said...

Yup, you're officially one of THOSE people. But hey, I may become one of THEM too someday and I'm sure it's not so bad. haha. EMBRACE the adventure!

MoMo said...

UTARD!!! But hey... I love the heck outta you freaking UTARDS!!

hine.T said...

I hate Utah but I like Utah. LOL!!! It's grown on my Hawaiian Homegrown self. I miss family at home but love being on my own.

And that job made you an official Utard! lol. YOU'RE STUCK! hahahahaha!!!!