Monday, March 8, 2010

Taking Calls....

Lately in training, I've been thrown onto the phones...taking live calls. This...surprisingly is the highlight of my day because it allows me to put all that I've learned so far to work. Also, it exposes me to the different kinds of callers I get each day. From people who need assistance with simple tasks such as having a ticket reissued to having their pets cleared to board the plane. But the most entertaining calls, are the ones from the "special" people. They are the BEST!!! LOL! I know its mean...but its their crazy antics that make me appreciate this job more and more.

For example:

Today I got a call from a woman who needed to make sure that her service animal was cleared to sit with her in the cabin. This is absolutely allowed on any of our flights, so in order to better serve her, I needed to get a little more information from her. And it just showed that even the simple things, like spelling your name, can be a bit of a difficult task for some.

ME: "Could you please spell your name for me, phonetically?"

CALLER: "What do you mean by 'phonetic'?

ME: "You know...like S as in Sam...C as in Charlie, and so forth"

CALLER: "OK...sure. So my last name is S as in Sam, C as in Charlie, H as in Harry, I as in Igloo, N as in.........N?......hmmmm....N?.........hmmmmmm.....n.....(and it was quiet for literally 30 seconds).

ME (thinking): Are you serious?????? Buahahahahahahaha

CALLER: "What starts with N?????"

ME: "Do you mean N as in Nancy?"

CALLER: "YES...YES!!! Nancy Nancy!"

Oh man....its callers like these that make me LOVE my job! LOL!!

6 comments:

***~_Bunz_~*** said...

That's hillarious!!! Geez WAY Special!!! Glad ur enjoying work sas! :)

Tina said...

OMG I would get crazy callers all th time @ JetBlue, I liked them too though, it changed it up and made for a seemingly faster shift

NeenaLove said...

yayyy!! thanks for the referral. if it's meant to be... i'll be in the cubicle next to you. i WILL it to happen. the islands of my birth are calling me. :-)

Karessie said...

ui! that's AWEEEEESOME :D :D :D glad you're finding joy in your job ;)

Unknown said...

Hey don't laugh, I have that SAME problem! I just kinda go blank when I'm trying to spell anything phonetically. So maybe one day I'll be the one calling Delta and making your day...=)

hine.T said...

Eh...don't ever hate on those people...it's hard to come up with words on the spot. And truly...for some reason "N" is difficult for me too. LOL!