Wednesday, February 17, 2010

training day...

its official folks. i started my DELTA TRAINING!!!!!!! woo hoo! and the best part...they told us that our flight benefits are effective IMMEDIATELY!!! can i get a woot woot!!! unfortunately, attendance is strictly enforced, so my trips need to be carefully planned to ensure my timely return back to the beehive state for work. today was only the second day, but i look forward to it being over soon. lol.

yesterday was probably the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGEST day of my life. it has been nearly 4 years since i've worked for "the man" and i am quickly reminded as of to why i have only returned now. but, that's the sacrifice i am more than willing to make to be the recipient of some amazing benefits.

training is to last a whole six weeks, after which we will be on probation til mid august. there is a butt load of information that i have to memorize, and my head hurts just thinking about it. eh...when i got the FAT binder, i thought to myself..."omg...i thought i finished school already?!" but as my brother would say....a means to an end....whatever that means. lol

5 comments:

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much said...

good luck with everything!

NeenaLove said...

yayyyy.... see you soon!! :-)

Unknown said...

Tell me about it...I'm SO ready to be done with my 4 year stint working for 'the man.' Those benefits def make it worth it though!

karebear said...

so who's working at kava shack in your place? id take that anyday!

Line said...

6 weeks?! Man, and I thought Saia had it rough with his 3 wk training. I Res is so much more work, though, so good luck with that. And yes, the benefits are definitely worth the sacrifice! I can't see us giving up those benefits any time soon.