Friday, December 12, 2008

Rain and Books

"It rained" would be an understatement to describe what happened yesterday. More like the heavens opened up and someone forgot to turn the tap off. I think within a matter of hours, most of the island was flooded. It's amazing how a whole community comes together to help each other in the midst of a crisis. While I stayed home to watch the younginz...my sister, her husband and their two older boys went out helping other families whose homes were knee high (some waist high) in water. Kaloz. Boy was I thankful I didn't have to work that day.


So, besides watching movies, and stuffing my face with anything warm. I snuggled up in bed with my latest reading project, "My Sisters Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. From stem cell research, to leukemia, to family relationships, this book really makes you think about life decisions. I won't say anymore in case you plan on reading it yourself. Made me better appreciate my family and my sisters.

7 comments:

hine.T said...

Didn't read yet...but heard it's a must! Will get my own copy! =)

NeenaLove said...

i have a book by the same author that i started reading... but then i put it down when i got a mess load of books from amazon... LOL.

Unknown said...

I want to read. I want to read lots of books. gonna add it to my list.

and on a side note...I think Twilight and Harry Potter are both good in their own ways but if I had to choose ONE, Harry Potter!

Line said...

I heard about that book. Maybe I'll read it when I come home while the grandmas watch me son. :)

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much said...

I love rainy days and reading a good book. Never heard of this book but will keep it in mind after Breaking Dawn.

Karlee and Micah said...

There is no place like your home. If you don't believe, ask Micah. He reminds me almost daily :) AND thanks for your book recommendation, I am always looking for a good read. That will now be my Christmas project.. can't wait. And lastly, I have to admit I've never read Harry Potter... so Twighlight is my vote :) Hope all is well with you- feel better!

alexis said...

I loved this book. I read it a few years ago and you're right, it really does make you think. A lot.