Thursday, August 14, 2008

Take Back Your Family


So I have to admit that I am a huge fan of the MTV Reality Based TV Show, Run's House. I just love how the Rev goes about his day to day with his family. Never a dull moment. They are not your normal "dysfunctional reality TV" family. I love that the Reverend maintains such wholesome moral values in his household. I especially love his little quotes at the end of each show. They're so inspiring.

The other day I was watching the show, and I noticed that Rev Run and his wife Justine were discussing their new book, "Take Your Family Back." I actually saw that book the week before at Border's, but didn't think to buy it cause I don't have a family of my own just yet. But while they were talking about all the different things the discuss about their kids in that book, I was sold! So now, 2 days later, I'm done with the book, and can't seem to get enough of the Simmons.

If you're a big Run's House fan like myself, this is a definite must-read! Rev Run being an influential icon in the Hip Hop community, I love that he is able to maintain such a positive influence on not only his family, but for other families that watch his show.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love watching that show too! I didn't even know they wrote a book. That's awesome. I do like how wholesome he is

Line said...

Hey, there's a book written by a marriage and family therapist called "Take Back Your Marriage" and I think he also has a book called "Take Back Your Family." I had to read the marriage book for one of my classes. Anyway, just thought that was interesting that both a Reverend and a family therapist have the same title to their books. Anyway, I'm part of an online book club thingy called Good Reads. Since you've been so into reading lately, I'm gonna invite you!

karebear said...

hey you! sorry it's been a while since i've been on the blog. but i totally love that you are blogging - so what, you gonna practice some of that marriage counseling on me? haha. for real i need it! shoots, just wanted to say wasssssup.