Tuesday, November 23, 2010

gone too soon...

its 4:11 in the morning...and i can't seem to fall asleep. too many thoughts racing through my mind. my heart yearns to be with my parents. my family. to be home. to be with my community...as it mourns the loss of yet another young spirit. i did not know him, but i recognize the pain his family must be going through. i can't help but think back to that tragic morning 14 years ago. its all too familiar. the michael jackson song keeps playing in my mind...and my heart aches for the tafuna/fotu families. rest in love dee dee.

1 comment:

In The Doghouse said...

Although I have probably only met this young soul once, I will always have a place in my heart as well for the Fotu family. They were very loving and influential in the life of Gregory, and I know their hearts are always pure. This loss is certainly a bitter pill to swallow, but thank goodness we have the hope that the gospel brings into our lives. Progression is Eternal, and DeeDee will continue to grow and progress on the other side of the veil.

I can only imagine he and you own brother progressing together. Old friends, separated by birth, now reunited by the blood of Israel together at last.