Saturday, July 11, 2009

Swiss Tour Day 2

The weather wasn’t quite the best today. A lot of rain…and a lot of wind. I never thought it would be cold during my stay here in Europe…but apparently it can still get under 65 here in Switzerland. But that didn’t discourage us. We still set out to see this beautiful country. First stop…Lucerne.

There is a really old bridge there that was a candidate for for the seven wonders of the world. The reason why it was so special was because it was built over a raging river…which back then would have been impossible to build given the resources and conditions they’ve had/experienced back then. It is a beautiful city. You could see part of the alps from the lake there. After visiting there and having some lunch..we headed towards the mountains.

The drive there was amazing. The mountains are so huge…and so green. What shocked me the most was that there was a lake about 2000 feet above sea level. Go figure. But then we were told it was man-made. What baffled me was there were a bunch of people living threre! Why would you live all the way out there? It is definitely beautiful…but even tho it was sunny…it was still freezing!!!! To each his own I guess.

We drove up to this massive waterfall. I couldn’t pronounce the name if my life depended on it, but it means dust shower or something like that. Because when you look at it, the water actually looks like dust. It was huge!!!! We even got to hike up to a spot that was near the back of it. That was a trip….the hills were so steep. I forgot I was scared of heights until I looked down, and then I was ready to go. LOL. But it sure was beautiful.

Afterwards…we caught a train to a village near the “Top of Europe.” It was even MORE freezing up there!!! That little village had hotels and shops up there which made me wonder why people would even bother staying up there. But as I looked around…I noticed a bunch of hikers. I guess you can hike all the way to the top of that mountain. Those people are crazy! Funniest thing…they were all either really young….or really old. Hahahahaha.

All in all today’s excursion was amazing. I got to experience more of God’s creation, and my testimony was strengthened thru this journey. I’m excited to see what else He has in store for me.

3 comments:

harmony said...

so ummmm...where's the PIX, ui?!!!

alexis said...

Man, I cannot believe you are going all over Europe! What an adventure. I am so jealous. Can't wait to hear about your next stop!

Line said...

Wow, you guys have been BUSY! I guess you have to take advantage of being there. Sounds so so fun.