Saturday, July 11, 2009

Paris Day Two

My oh my…so many things to do in this amazing city! First on the list today….CHURCH! What a way to invite the spirit. Even though I couldn’t really understand what was being said, I definitely felt the spirit. The gospel is the same no matter where you go…feels like home. We hit up Notre Dame and the Louvre…just one word to describe both….AMAZING! For one thing I can’t get over how HUGE this buildings are. And to think that they were built hundreds of years ago makes it that much more crazy! How they heck did they do it without the technology that we have today?

So…summary of events for the remainder of the day:

• Check out the home of Quasimodo…Notre Dame. Humongous building!!! Very goth. Would have loved to go up top…but line was too long…and wasn’t up to climbing 400 something steps.
• Hit up the Louvre. Saw Venus de Milo. Mona Lisa. And everything else. Well as much as we could before my feet felt like they weren’t part of my body anymore.
• Hopped on a train to check out the Royal Palace in Versailles only to get kicked off because something was wrong with the track. Got shuttled by a bus to another station, and got to the Palace just in time for closing. YES!!! Gotta luv it!!!
• Caught the train back to the main city to check out some garden just to turn around cause THAT was closing too.
• Finally got hungry, and had some French food.
• Walked down Champs de Ellyse in search of the Louis Vuitton store. I was instructed to take a picture in front of it.
• Headed back to the hotel room to start planning the next leg of our trip.

All in all Paris has been quite the adventure. Even though we’ve hit a few bumps on the way, it was all worth it. With each new place I can’t help but pinch myself because I still can’t believe I’ve finally made it here. After months of talking and planning…I’ve finally made it. But the adventure continues as we head down to Switzerland. I don’t really know what to expect, but I’m open to anything!!!

1 comment: