Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Blogging Funk = BLUNK!

Hahahaha....like my new word? Well, that best describes my inability to blog for the past week or so. Well, besides my "Yay-for-Spring-Break" blog. Anyhoo...I think my brain has been so fried from all that last minute studying and paper writing these past few weeks, that I don't know how to blog or function (blunction?!...hahahaha) anymore. Well, it's not like there's a whole lot going on in my life right now, but there are definitely a few things that I've been wanting to get out there in the blog universe (bluniverse?!...hahahahaha...ok...stopping NOW!).

*Sigh* Where to begin? Well, as you all know, school's out, and I'm so relieved to be one semester closer to graduating. I believe I have approximately 29 credits or so and an internship until I'm done. Can I get a HALELLUJAH!!! (sp?) Life is sweet.

Work has been pretty interesting. We've been on a Spring Cleaning schedule, so it's always nice to de-clutter the store. Man....cleaning really does make a difference. You just feel so accomplished after clearing out a whole new area, or discovering all the pens you haven't seen in the past six months because they've fallen behind the shelves. Hahahaha. Yup..that bad. Now, if only I could be that motivated to clean my house!

Besides work and school, I've inherited a new hobby....COUPONING!!! Thanks Hine for introducing me to some UH-MAY-ZING couponing blogs. It's not as big a deal out here as it is in Utah, or in the mainland, but I'll take what I can get. The crappy thing is living half an hour away from any store! Ugh! How annoying! So, I have to plan these trips out in order to get the best deals. So, I'm just grateful that Long's and Walgreens are within walking distance from each other. I haven't hit up Walmart yet....still a newbie, so I still need to collect more coupons. But these are some great deals that I was able to conjure up with my mad couponing skills. Hahahahaha.

- Two Schick disposable razors (3pk) for $2.00 TOTAL!!! A total savings of $12.00!!!
- Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner for $6.00! I think I saved like $3.00 on both!
- Two Zooth kids toothbrushes. The really cool kine with the characters on the handle. Hahaha. I got BOTH for $1.50! That's half of the normal price for one! My niece and nephew were stoked about that one. I've never seen them so happy to brush their teeth! Hahaha.
- Two Softsoap body wash bottles for $3.50! I can't wait to use my coconut one! LOL!

Well...these were the great bargains I was able to find with the help of some awesome blogs. Here are two of my fave blogs. These ladies are on it! They show you all the best deals at a bunch of stores. And since we're pretty limited out here in Hawaii, their little pieces of advice hlep out a lot.

*Moms By Heart
*The "Cent"sible Sawyer

The best thing...when you go to their links, they'll link you up to other coupon crazy women with more deals and MORE coupons!!!!

This has probably been the MAIN reason why I've been unable to blog. I would login to my account and get distracted by all their new posts! Go check 'em out yourselves. I'm telling you...it's addicting. Next thing on my list.....homemade laundry detergent! Supposedly it knocks your laundry detergent bill to 3 CENTS A LOAD!!!!

So, there you have it my fellow bloggers. The things that have contributed to my absence. Whew...it feels good to finally get that out of my system.

8 comments:

kava said...

you and your "blocoupon" (say it the fob way) lol. hahaha. so about the homemade laundry detergent, i am tellin u it is soooo worth it!I've been doing it for a while, and now i'm trying to convert Missy haha. Sam asked to "borrow" some detergent until i told him it was the homemade kind, then he didn't want it. So it's good both ways! lol u save money on the product and save money cos your friends/relatives don't "borrow" lol

"Love or Perish" - W. H. Auden said...

WHEN I AM NOT SO SICK IM DEF LOOKIN ON THOSE SITES....I'VE ALL BUT LOST HOPE IN HAWAII'S COUPON ABILITY, BUT LIKE YOU...I'LL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET. PS: CAN'T WAIT TO TRY HOMEMADE DETERGENT, I WASH CLOTHES LIKE CRAZY!

Line said...

Yay for couponing! I need to get back into it, but I love hearing about other people's coupon deals because it motivates me to coupon too.

And yes, please stop with the word combinations, cause they are NOT happenin'! hahahahahah

Karlee and Micah said...

LOVE LOVE the sights for coupons. I am addicted. And have you tried that homemade laundry detergent??....when you do, let me know. I'm a little hesitant, but interested all the same...

alexis said...

I think you should make up a new word in all of your blog posts. I'm gonna go check out your couponing sites now. Thanks dude!

Leise said...

:( BOOO no kind of couponing love in New Zealand! I've searched high and low and in the dark corners, but found none. Eeh! I'm jealous of you savvy coupon-clipping shoppers!

NeenaLove said...

LOVE LOVE the new vocab... i wish you would have kept with it. you were on a roll. HILARIOUS!!

Ashleigh said...

BAHAHAHA. Bluniverse!