Friday, February 17, 2012

baby names

last weekend i took a quick trip home just to escape the cold weather in utah. while walking home from the beach one day i was talking to my niece about her new brother that is expected to come in may. just a little background...this is my oldest brother's (aaron) eldest child that i was talking to. my brother's three kids are the same age as my sister's (leone) youngest three kids. so when they get together, they are practically inseparable. keonaona...my niece that i was talking to loves her saaga cousins so much...this conversation is definitely evidence of that.

me: so naona are you excited you're having a new baby brother?

naona: yup.

me: what's his name?

naona: teancum. that's daddy's favorite person in the scriptures.

me: oh really...cool.

naona: yeah..but we have to think of a hawaiian name for him. like the rest of us.

me: oh yeah...and which family name will he have? you have kamaka'ala (her mother's maiden name), malu boy has rivers (my mother's maiden name), and hiwa has sproat (her maternal grandmother's maiden name). so what name do you think your baby brother is gonna have?

naona: ummm...i don't know...maybe saaga?!

me: buahahahahaha!!!!! GIRL...das your uncle ope's family not your dads!

omg...i just had to post this for memory's sake. that girl has just spent toooooo much time with her saaga cousins.

No comments: