Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Update...


i just checked, and the last time i posted ANYTHING was back in november. oka....so much has happened since then...so here it goes:

1. FINALLY graduating from college. after a long 8 years of being IN and OUT of school, i finally buckled down, and got that diploma. well..technically i just walked...lol. i won't get my diploma til i finish my internship in april.

2. MOVED TO UTAH!!! this was probably one of the BIGGEST events EVER!!! i've always said i'd move to the mormon state...but it took me this long to finally get here. and now that i'm here......i wanna go back. hahahaha...nah...just kidding. all i know is...as much as i've complained about them, i wouldn't be able to survive without the saaga's presence. i don't think i've mentioned it before, but my sister, one, and her husband and their six kids all made the move out to zion in october. and living here with them has definitely made the transition THAT much easier.

3. KEO/SAAGA'S FIRST white christmas!!! yup...jared, his wife, and my parents all flew out to utah for our first white christmas with the saaga's!!!! unfortunately, aaron and his family, and mahea couldn't make it, but mahea DID fly in just in time for Nui's (my oldest nephew) sweet 16!!! so most of the family was here. we're already planning on having the keo #2's here next christmas. lol!!!

4. my FIRST car...kinda. i was blessed to purchase a car for a whole dollar!!! that has been a huge blessing for us because it runs great!!! its a little more "seasoned", but she still goes. i'll have to post pix when i find my cord.

5. DELTA!!!! after applying like three times to work for ANY airline, i finally got hired with DELTA!!! the world is gonna GET IT!!! i'm sooooooo happy i got this job mostly because my parents can travel back and forth to see their grandkids. yes...their grandkids...nevermind their children! lol. not to mention...they can be our gophers whenever we want something from back home. i prolly won't be able to travel TOO much for the first six month since i'll be in training. but oka...watch out after THAT!!! besides frequent trips to cali to visit besties...my first trip to the unknown will be alabama!!! ahahaha. one...to visit my favorite cuzzie coreen...and two...to watch a tyler perry play..a lifetime (since i was 23) dream of mine! lol.

6. HCC...since i don't start working til february, i've been keeping myself busy interning at the hawaiian cultural center. since i want to get my masters in public administration later....and focus on non-profit organizations, i decided to learn more about non-profit management at this center. ESPECIALLY since its mission is to service native hawaiians in utah. who knew...there's a huge community of hawaiians out there?! i love it! i haven't been doing too much as of lately, but with upcoming activities, i am getting more and more psyched to work there.

all in all...this is the latest in my life. i have been fortunate enough to catch up with family and old friends, and i look forward to what awaits me in the future

7 comments:

Line said...

Finally, an update! I was about to give up checking your blog for good lol. Anyway, I'm glad you got hired with Delta too. The more traveling buddies, the better! Hahaha

P.S. And why you gotta mention that one of my pizzas was burnt for? Hahaha

Unknown said...

Okay, thank you for finally updating! Glad to hear the transition has been mostly good--and working for the airlines is a huge perk. Looking forward to seeing pics of your 'seasoned' car... haha

NeenaLove said...

yayyyy oooh-ee... i hope you really get to come out and visit. my HUGE apartment is so bare. it is in desperate need of visitors. LOL...

miss u guys!!

Tina said...

Glad you're in-state Ui, hope to see you soon!

karebear said...

Daaang you got alot going on there missy. Super happy for you Ui! I hope I can see you soon since you can fly for free!

"Love or Perish" - W. H. Auden said...

YAY YOU'RE BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!! BOOOOO YOU LIVE ALL THE WAY IN UTAH NOW!!!!!!!! YAY I CAN SEE YOU WHEN I VISIT AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUBY said...

awesome ohheeee! sounds like life is good! man wish you could have made it down to vegas for the sevens game! We were stuck in traffic on las vegas blvd and i happen to look over at the car next to us and low and behold it was JAN LESUMA!!!!!! lol i couldnt belive mine eyes! So random! anywho hope to make a trip out to utah soon....we definitley need to cruz! xooxox