Thursday, January 5, 2012

slacker...

ok...i have been a total slacker when it comes to blogging. but it has just been a CRAZY CRAZY holiday season. well...kind of but not really. lol. lets just say i've been finding a whole lotta new things to occupy my time. here are some of my latest addictions/time wasters:

ipad

santa came early this year with a brand spankin' new ipad!!! i've been wanting one for a while to make my trips home that much more enjoyable. or ANY trip for that matter. so i've been downloading new apps...playing different games and just exploring the many features of my new toy! i LOVE it!!!

las vegas

i started watching this show from the first season (for FREE thanks to tv links), and it has been monopolizing my time..especially within the past few weeks. it helps to make time go by a lot quicker while i'm working overnight (its been SUPER slow lately..i LOVE it!).

pinterest

pinterest. this is probably the root of all my other "distractions." after trying to avoid it for quite some time, i randomly perused the site one day and that's when i got hooked! ugh...i would spend hours just viewing random pages and looking at different DIY projects. they make it all look so easy! u know its bad when you're browsing the site dead tired, but then you see something you want to try out, so you would jump out of bed just to make it! ugh.

sewing

since pinterest opened me up to a whole new world of craftiness, i started to test out my sewing skills. i took a beginners sewing class a few years ago, but never got to finish...i can't remember why. so with the easy to follow tutorials on pinterest i thought i'd take a shot at sewing some christmas gifts. here are some of the finished products.
rasta bags i made for my niece and her cousins

notebook and colored pencil holder for my other nieces

my family seemed to be impressed with my new found hobby that they got me my very own sewing machine for christmas!!! the basement will be my new "craft room" so as soon as i get a big enough table for my sewing station...its ON!!!

crocheting

another hobby picked up via pinterest. and this has yielded the most finished products. i don't know why..but i just can't seem to stop! it comes in handy when i'm working overnight because it keeps my hands busy between calls. and it keeps me awake too! so that helps. here are some of my latest finished projects.
my poor niece and nephew. they're my models for all the new crochet patterns i see. they have like 3 beanies already. hahaha. i've had a few requests, so i'm trying to finish those up so i can start sewing already! i haven't even opened up my new machine yet.

family

this year our family spent the holidays together here in utah. since my oldest brother back home got hired with delta, his kids were super excited to have their very first white christmas...and my brother was just excited to be able to spend the holidays with the rest of us. poor guy always seems to be the one missing out. so one by one they all started trickling in. first my mom and sister...then my niece and nephew...and then my brother and his other daughter. his wife who's expecting originally couldn't fly...but as soon as she got clearance she came up after christmas to spend a week with us too.


road trip


a few months ago my cousin had called to let me know that she and her family would be sealed for all time and eternity. since she only lives down in st. george i knew we HAD to be there. this is my ride or die chick...we been through so much together in our youth (we'll save that for another blog). and to see her become the beautiful woman, wife and mother that she is...the feeling is beyond description. since mahea was here (and she has no flight benefits) we decided to drive down for the festivities. one of my friends tagged along as well since she just got out of school. when we got to her house it was like we picked up where we left off. it was so good catching up with her and some other old childhood friends who were there. luv my hau'ula roots.
us with the suliafu's

holiday festivities

having the family here for the holidays was probably the highlight of the season. having to WORK on said holidays...PRETTY.MUCH.SUCKED!!! yup...i had to work christmas eve, christmas day, new year's eve AND new year's day! our family always does a big christmas eve dinner every year, and we usually have everybody open their gifts at midnight. well, this year, since my sister and i both had to work that night the kids were lucky enough to open their gifts at 9pm! hahaha. (everyone always asks..."what about santa?"...ummm our kids pretty much knew he was fake by the time they were 3...so sorry bout it santa). since we moved to utah, we started a new family tradition of going tubing at soldier hollow on christmas day. but since christmas day fell on a sunday, we went on monday instead. every year we go...we always have at least one casualty. this year...we had 4. lol. but the trophy goes to aaron who flew off his tube (head first) and jumped back on in time to enjoy the last 40 ft. hahaha!
at soldier hollow. luv this place...especially luv getting pulled up the hill. hahaha

aaron and his battlescar

so...as you can see...with everything going on...when do i have time to blog?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahaha! I love it! I love Pinterest! and you're right it's so addicting! and I have so many things I want to try but I don't have time but I sure like to pretend I do and pin the projects anyway! Good for you for actually making the stuff! You're doing awesome! Can't wait to see what else you make!

daveandsavani said...

Dang look at you miss crafty, no wonder you never blog anymore. Haha. I'm so impressed with all your projects, right on!!!! And I bet it was soooo nice to have your family all here, cuz it really does look like you guys had sooo much fun, even though you had to work!

Line said...

wow ui, didn't realize you were so crafty! love it! and soldier hollow looks so fun. i've been wanting to go there for a while... one day!

Kiki Fangupo said...

omg I want to learn how to sew!! you'll have to teach me ;)